Research And Publications
- Thomas Simmy, Karnik Swapnil, and Balasubramaniam KA. Surgical Manipulation of The Small intestine and its Effect on the Lung. Journal of Surgical Research 2002; 106: 145-156. This was an animal experiment involving Adult Wistar rats.
- Swapnil Karnik, Bhuvana Srinivasan and Sheila Nair. Hodgkin’s lymphoma: immunohistochemical features and its association with EBV LMP-1.Experience from a South Indian hospital. Pathology 2003; 35 (3): 207-211.
- Chandra Singh, Swapnil Karnik & Ganesh Gopalakrishnan. Eosinophilic Ureteritis presenting as bilateral ureteric strictures. A case report. Scand J Urol Nephrol 38: 260-262; 2004.
- Issac Jebraj, Swapnil Karnik & Shyamkumar N K. A Giant Intraosseous Schwannoma. J Postgrad Med 2004; 50:127-128
- Reeti Behera, Vinit Kumar, Kiri Lohite, Swapnil Karnikand Gopal Kundu. Activation of JAK2/STAT3 signaling by osteopontin promotes tumour growth in human breast cancer cells. Carcinogenesis vol 31 no.2, pp 192-200; 2010
- Vinit Kumar, Reeti Behera, Kiri Lohite, Swapnil Karnik, and Gopal C. Kundu. p38 Kinase Is Crucial for Osteopontin-Induced Furin Espression That Supports Cervical Cancer Progression. Cancer Res; 70 (24); 10381-91
- Sanjay Vaid, Nikhil Unune, Rahul Shukla, Kajal Kale, Swapnil Karnik, Neelam Vaid. Diffuse Lipomatous infiltration of thyroid gland: A rare cause of painless asymptomatic enlargement of the gland. European Journal of Radiology Rxtra (2010) e9 –e11
- J Vaid, A Luthra,S.Karnik and A T Ahuja. Facial wrigglies: live extralymphatic filarial infestation in subcutaneous tissues of the head and neck. The British Journal of radiology, 84 (2011), e126-129.
- Sanjay P Deshmukh, Anupama Dutt Mane, Varsha S. Hardas and Swapnil V. Karnik. Papillary carcinoma of the breast- Case reports and review of literature. Indian Journal of Surgery, Vol 74, Isuue 6 (2012), Pg 510-551.
- Raja R, Kale S, Thorat D, Soundarajan G, Lohite K, Mane A, Karnik S, Kundu GC. Hypoxia driven OPN contributes to breast tumor progression through modulation of Hif 1 α mediated VEGF dependent angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2013 Jun 3. doi: 10.1038/onc.2013.171. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dhanashri Thorat, Asutosh Sahu, Reeti Behera, Kirti Lohite, Sanjay Deshmukh, Anupama Mane, Swapnil Karnik, Suhaschandra Doke, Gopal C. Kundu. Association of osteopontin and cyclooxygenase‑2 expression with breast cancer subtypes and their use as potential biomarkers. Oncology Letters 2013 Oct; DOI: 10.3892/ol.2013.1600; 1559-1564.
- Rosalin Mishra, Dhanashri Thorat, S. Gowrishankar, Saurabh Pradhan, Goutam Chakraborty, Kirti Lohite, Swapnil Karnik, Gopal C. Kundu Semaphorin 3A suppresses breast tumor growth and angiogenesis through regulation of FOXO3A dependent MelCAM expression. Oncogene 34, 1584-1595 (Published 14/4/2014)
- A case report on paraneoplastic encephalitis associated with astrocytoma – An unknown entity. Yogeshwari S Deshmukh, Ashish L Atre, Sanjay S Vhora, Swapnil V Karnik, Indian J. Radiol Imaging 2016;26:140-4
- Archana C Buch, Sonam K Sood, Sunita A Bamanikar, Shirish S Chandanwale, Harsh Kumar, Karnik Swapnil: Role of direct immunofluorescence in the diagnosis of glomerulonephritis. Medical Journal of Dr. D.Y Patil University, July-Aug 2015, Vol 8, Issue 4, Pg 452-57. Department of Pathology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune.
- Mayur Suryawanshi, Swapnil Karnik, Sanjeet Roy. Clinicopathological analysis of glomerular disease of adult-onset nephrotic syndrome in an Indian cohort, a retrospective study. Journal of Clinical Diagnostics & Research. 2017 May, Vol-11 (5): 25-30
- Ashish P Chugh,CharandeepSingh, Bhushan Khedkar: Primary Angiosarcoma of the skull : A rare case report Surgical Neurology International 2014;5;92.
- Singh, Karnik, Bhushan Khedkar, S. Deshmukh, K. Deodhar, A well differentiated neuroendocrine tumor (Grade I) arising in a tailgut cyst, Journal of Cancer research and therapeutics.Jan 2018.
- Jagtap JC, Parveen D, Shah RD, Desai A, Bhosale D, Chugh A, Ranade D, Karnik S, Khedkar B, Mathur A, Natesh K, Chandrika G, Shastry P: Secretory prostate apoptosis response (Par)-4 sensitizes multicellular spheroids(MCS) of glioblastoma multiforme cells to tamoxifen- induced cell death, FEBS open bio, 2015;5():8
- Dr Bhushan Khedkar Contributed in Original Article: “Aortic dissection and bicuspid aortic valve – An autopsy study” in the Indian J.Pathol Microbiol 2006 49(3) : 327-329.
- Pallavi Patil, Swapnil Karnik. Role of C4d immunostaining in diagnosis and prognosis of acute and chronic renal allograft rejection: International Journal of Scientific Research- Vol 7, issue 5, May 2018, ISSN No 2277-8179. IF: 4.758, IC value 93.08
- Swati Saxena, Ipsita Dhal, Anisha Mohanpuria, Jyoti Garg, Swapnil Karnik, Bhushan Khedkar: Extrapulmonary Inflammatory Myofibroblastic Tumour at Different Sites with Histopathology and Immunohistochemical Analysis: A case series.Oncol J india 2018; 2 : 80-85.
- Laparoscopic-Assisted Uterus Retrieval from Live Organ Donors for Uterine Transplant: Our Experience of Two Patients. : Shailesh Puntambekar, Milind Telang, Pankaj Kulkarni, Seema Puntambekar, Sanjeev Jadhav, Mangesh Panse, Ravindra Sathe, Nikhil Agarkhedkar, Neeta Warty, Sandesh Kade, Manoj Manchekar, Hirav Parekh, Kajal Parikh, Riddhi Desai, Mehul Mehta, Mihir Chitale, Bhushan Kinholkar, Joy Jana, Avinash Pare, Abhay Sadre, Swapnil Karnik, Abhay Mane, Giriraj Gandhi, Shailendra, Uday Phadke.
Journal of Minimal Invasive Gynaecology; May-June 2018, Vol 25, Issue 4, Pgs 622-31